Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Nineteen-Seventy-Three


I am convinced that 1973 was the best year of all.
The following is a list of things that happened in 1973 that fully support my theory:
  • David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust Tour (also the year he announced the retirement of Ziggy- very important...)
  • Aerosmith debuts with their self titled album
  • Pink Floyd releases 'Dark Side of the Moon'
  • CBGB's opens in New York
  • Journey forms (and where would we be if they hadn't? Think about THAT)
  • Led Zeppelin embark on a very successful North-American tour
  • David Bowie releases 'Aladdin Sane' AND 'Pin Ups'
  • Led Zeppelin releases 'Houses of the Holy'
  • Marvin Gaye releases 'Let's Get it On"
  • Iggy and the Stooges release 'Raw Power'
  • Jesus Christ Superstar released as a feature film
  • Work begins on building of the CN Tower (if you're feeling patriotic)

...and plenty more - OH! And...the best film ever is SET in 1973...Almost Famous, anyone?
but I'm sure that's enough proof for you, no? Let me know if you disagree, and we shall duke it out...electronically.

Taking all these things into consideration while watching Led Zeppelin live at Madison Square Garden on DVD (oh...wonder which year that concert took place...) Carolyn (my best gal) and I decided that it was necessary to travel back in time to this splendid year. Well...I decided, and Carolyn humoured me. SO - after a couple glasses of vino, I created the following masterpiece:

This is myself and Carolyn aboard
MARTY THE MAGICAL FLYING PSYCHEDELIC BRITISH BUS...that flies.
Marty flies us through space and time to 1973, where we can attempt to woo Robert and Jimmy (obviously).
We're still waiting for him to arrive though...one of these days...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In other news...
Today is my darling younger sisters' 15th Birthday!
Makes me remember what I was doing at 15...and now I'm worried that she's doing similar things... it's weird when siblings grow up.
but enough of that...

Yup, she's just as ridiculous as I am - I trained her well.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In other, other news

I received my schedule for school last night - tres exciting. Check out my first semester classes:

  • Artist Development
  • Sound and Recording (I&II)
  • Business (I&II)
  • Audio & Studio (I&II)
  • Photography
  • Industry Overview
  • Songwriting (I&II)
  • Music Theory/History
  • Introduction to MIDI

Can you say COOLEST College program ever? I can.

2 comments:

Alana T. DeVee said...

A) You rock- 1973 was the best year ever.

B) Almost Famous is the movie that changed my life (tour bus=awesome)

C)Where are you going to school?


D) Let's collaborate in the new year?

Your blog is fun.

Alana T. DeVee said...

oops. Right, Seneca.